Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh, I forgot to ask.

Ive been in a most horrible music slump the past few months. Ive been finding punk (with a few exceptions of course) to be less interesting. I know like a lot of people, I go through Phases with what I like and what I don't give much listen to. I'm in search of at the moment:
Rare blues (pre 50's)
Obscure R&B and soul
Zydeco
Folk Punk
Caribbean Music (Mento, Ska, Reggae, Various Latin Caribbean roots music)
Latin Boogaloo
Any Celtic music or Sea Shanty (looking for anything by Junkman's Choir or Nyah Fearties)
Early Country/Western, Bop Music
Appalachian Music/Traditional American, Irish and English folk music
ANY OTHER WORLD MUSIC (im looking for African 60's, Mod and Psych).
If anyone has any suggestions, or links, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Thanks a million folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with the Original Carter Family. See if you can find the album "Can the Circle Be Unbroken."
Z

Anonymous said...

Amanaz is a must-listen, 60s african beat/psych group.
Very fuzzy sound,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87njVizFGgM